Toll Free Number for Bank of Montreal
How to call BMO: use the toll free number below to contact customer service for support. Speak to a real person for account questions. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
1-877-225-5266 (1-877 CALL BMO)
- Welcome to BMO Bank in Montreal Direct Banking.
- For service in English, please press 1.
- For mortgages, loans or other borrowing needs, press 1.
- For investments, press 2.
- For bank accounts or plans, press 3.
- For life insurance, press 4.
- For all other inquiries, please press 0 or stay on the line and we’ll connect you to BMO bank of Montreal Direct Banking.
- If you have your bank card and telephone banking passport available, please press 1, otherwise press 2.
- To hear this information again, press the * key.
- To return to the previous menu, press 9.
- To speak to a customer contact center agent, press 0.
- Thank you. A different banking manager will be with you shortly. For your protection, this call will be recorded.
Bank by Phone
- Welcome to BMO Bank of Montreal telephone banking. We’re here to help make banking by phone easier so let’s get started.
- To serve you better, please enter the ten numbers after 500766 on your bank card and then press the # sign.
- If you are not registered for telephone banking and online banking, press the number sign to register.
- If you prefer to register through online banking, please visit our website at www.bmo.com.
- Thank you for choosing BMO Bank of Montreal telephone banking, in just a few moments, you will be registered and be able to bank by phone or by internet. Telephone banking is convenient at it fits every schedule with access twenty four hours a day from practically anywhere in the world.
- To register now, you will need your bank card and your account number to the account listed as checking and savings. You will find your account number listed on either your cheque, statements or passbook. You will also be required to choose a personal six digit password which you can use for both telephone and online banking. To further protect your security and privacy, our process which you will follow to register will require you to answer questions related to your personal banking information.
- If you would like to register now, please press the # sign.
- We will be right with you. For quality assurance, training purposes and our mutual protection all part of this call may be recorded.
- Thanks for calling BMO Bank of Montreal. We’re here to help make banking easier.
- For service in English press 1
- If you were calling to notify us of your upcoming travel plans, we are pleased to advise that we no longer require your travel destination information. Our industry leading fraud detection systems are in place to protect your accounts from suspicious or an unauthorized transactions in any location.
- For all other requests and inquiry, press zero.
- Please hold, an agent will be with you shortly. For quality assurance, training purposes and our mutual protection all parts of this call may be recorded.
- In order to make it easier to retrieve your account information so we can serve you better and faster, please enter your card number or line of credit number followed by the number sign.
- If you do not have a card number, press zero followed by the number sign.
Lost or Stolen Card